September 18, 2013

The Liebster Award

This week, I received the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by Darcy over at The Ruffled Stitch. If you haven't seen some of this girl's sewing tutorials, you are missing out. In fact, I featured her DIY Duvet Cover a couple of weeks ago for DIY Weekend.  I couldn't not be more excited (or honored!) seeing as the Liebster is somewhat considered a right-of-passage in the blogging world.

What is the Liebster Award? It is an award passed from blogger to blogger to recognize upcoming and promising blogs. With the award, comes the duty to answer a series of questions from the nominator and pass the award on to another nominee.

Without further adieu, let's celebrate by answering the questions!

1. What made you want to start blogging?

I graduated in May 2012 with a B.A. in Journalism. Since graduating my interest in journalism has waned, but my love for writing never died. I missed it dearly! Through blogging, I found another avenue to foster my love for writing AND crafting. It feels great to be putting my degree to use as well as having readers who enjoy what I am writing again. 

2. What is something you have learned lately?

Running a small business! I've been really blessed that PaperLark Studio has taken off so much this year. Running your own business is really hard work and you learn so much doing it like dealing with taxes or finances. However, it is beyond rewarding and so worth it. 

3. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, what would you choose?

The 90s! I was a kiddo back then. Life was easy and fun. No bills. No job. Just school and someone to cook dinner for me. Haha! I love you mom!

4. Cheesecake or normal cake?

Cheesecake. Nuff said.

5. What is the worst meal/recipe you have ever made?

After we came home from New Orleans, I tried my hand at a gumbo recipe I found on Pinterest. I hated it and thought it tasted like burnt flour. However, the hubby really liked it. Clearly, his taste buds were not working that day.

6. Name a dream of yours.

My dream is for PaperLark Studio and blogging to be my full time job. To be able to make a full time income from doing something I love and enjoy so much would truly be a dream-come-true for me. This dream will become a reality though. I just know it!

7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

If I couldn't pick my hometown, I'd say Cinderella's castle at Walt Disney World. Who wouldn't want to live at the most happiest place on earth. And you think I'm kidding...

8. What is one thing you can't live without?

Besides my loved ones? Pinterest. Isn't that terrible?! I'm addicted.

9. Do you follow directions/recipes/instructions or wing it?

I'm naughty. I follow directions/recipes/instructions loosely. I guess that means I wing  it which may have been why my gumbo didn't turn out so great. Ha!

10. Name a memorable childhood moment.

So many! First one that pops into my mind? Our epic family vacation to Florida when I was 9. 

11. What have you learned from blogging?

Perseverance. It is easy to get discouraged from blogging. You post something that you think is craft gold that will take over Pinterest, but you get no feedback. No comments. No re-pins. Not even a like. However, you can't give up because that one post you think no one will read (or care about) like my How to Buy a House in Your 20s series will go viral. Then all of a sudden, you're reading comments daily about how your post or tutorial helped someone. That alone is worth a million craft duds. 

There you have it! Now then, I would like to nominate Anderson and Grant for the Liebster Award. Only blogging since May 2013, Jamie of Anderson and Grant has published some beautiful and impressive projects. Actually, her blog planner printable served as the inspiration for my blog planner which I have yet to share with the world. (Click picture for link)  


Be sure you check her blog out. You won't regret!

Alright, Jamie! It is your turn:

1. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
2. What do you like about blogging?
3. What do you dislike about blogging? (Be honest!)
4. Three favorite online shopping websites.
5. Something you've learned recently.
6. What is your favorite quote and why?
7. What is your favorite form of social media?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. If you could travel anywhere without money being an object, where would you go and why?
10. What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
11. What are 3 of your future goals?

6 comments:

  1. Ok I loved reading your answers!! And I totally agree with you on blogging and staring your own business! I went to college for Physical Therapist Assistant, worked in the field for 2 years and now am doing my own business! It is hard but so worth it! I LOVE it! Like you I want my business to grow to full time too (:
    -Keep going-
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Darcy! Isn't it funny how you think you want to do something, but then pull a 180 and end up somewhere completely different?! Life is full of twists and turns.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination, Miranda. I'm so glad that you are enjoying my blog. I am definitely excited to post my answers and pass the award onto someone else.

    I totally share your dream of being able to make a living doing what I love....I think that we all have an incredible opportunity to be able to do that in the blog world. If we are willing to work hard enough and have the perseverance that you discussed, amazing things can happen. It doesn't matter where we live or the background we come from. I find it very exciting and hope that I can make the most of the opportunities I'm given.

    Thanks again for the nomination and best of luck with your growing blog and business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I can't wait to read your answers. As for making this a full time gig, we will both get there. I just know it!

      Delete
  3. Miranda, I would love to see your blog planner printable! Please share soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design