December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012...Hello 2013!

Happy New Year!

I thought it would be fun to take a quick look back at the top five most popular posts from 2012. After all, you should never forget where you came from! Before I leave you all to your festivities, I thought I'd wrap up the post by giving you some insight into what 2013 has instore for the Winslett family. But, first thing is first! Let's reminisce, shall we?

The Top Five!






Not too much of a surprise, three of the five top viewed posts were from my wedding series. I can't complain about that because I did spend a lot of time on those posts. 

Now then, as for 2013, what antics will R.J. and I be getting into? Well, we hope to start house-hunting soon which will be a scary BIG adventure! With house-hunting comes some other notable decisions/efforts for 2013. R.J. has been studying up for his CDL license in hopes of moving up at Buffalo Rock. Together, we've decided to tackle our finances for the coming year the good ole Dave Ramsey way. Our goal for January is not to eat out AT ALL for the whole month - gotta pay those student loans off somehow!

As for my contribution, I will continue to be working part-time at the daycare with my precious two-year-old class. However, the most notable upcoming change for me involves my stationary designing business. After having some confuse my Etsy shop with this blog, I decided to rename my official business to PaperLark Studio

I have decided to make PaperLark my second part-time job and go at it full throttle. While it may not seem like an earth-shattering announcement, it is a huge decision for myself - one which I am quite proud of. Previously this year, I had an experience in the workplace that rocked me to my core. I found myself lacking in self-confidence and severely questioning my abilities. 

Through my work with my Etsy shop and this blog, I have realized my new dream and rebuilt my confidence. While my old passion for writing has not been thrown to the wayside, I have found a way to incorporate both my love for writing and thirst for creativity into one dream - PaperLark Studio. With unrelenting encouragement and support from my husband and family, I now feel prepared to take the risk and run at my dream full-fledged again. 

So, what does this mean? More designs will be hitting the shop, craft shows galore, completing my business plan, learning the ins and outs of accounting for my business, some hefty marketing schemes and so much more exciting things! I hope each of you will support me in my future business venture and will look forward to working with you any way possible. Any and all prayers will be appreciated as will any advice or help!

As 2013 creeps closer, I hope you are as excited as I am for coming year and all it holds. May 2013 bring you and your loved ones thrilling adventures, lots of love and an abundance of blessings. 

Until next time!
Miranda

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design