March 5, 2014

Take-a-Look Tuesday /// Pomodoro Sauce with Spaghetti


So...it's not Tuesday, but we are going to pretend like it is for this post.

Wednesdays are usually the days I don't post anything. Typically, I spend Wednesday playing catch up on anything I'm behind on so it's done and out the door by Friday. However, I was so busy yesterday it became my Wednesday.

Now that's out of the way, I've got a yummy recipe to share with you - Pomodoro Sauce with Spaghetti!

Why do I love it? First, like with any other recipe I share, it's super easy. Second, how can you not love tomato and basil together? Third, it's really healthy and low calorie so you don't have to feel bad about going back for seconds.

What You'll Need
1 tbsp butter
1 chopped onion
4 cloves of garlic, minced
(2) 28 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup of chicken broth
basil
parsley
salt and pepper
thyme
nutmeg
spaghetti noodles

  1. Melt your butter over medium heat in a large skillet. (And I mean large because you'll be putting all your ingredients in it.) 
  2. Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are transparent. Add tomatoes and cook down some of the liquid.
  3. Add in broth and remaining ingredients. Add the herbs to your liking. I guess-imate and taste test until I'm satisfied.
  4. Cook on simmer for about 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes is up, pour your mixture into the blender and puree it into a sauce.
Fix your spaghetti noodles and pour that delicious pomodoro sauce on top.

YUM!

Happy cooking!
Miranda




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design