March 25, 2014

Take-A-Look Tuesday /// Baby Patchwork Quilt



I've added a new fabric designer to my list of favorites - Michael Miller. In particular, I fell in love with the Citron-Grey collection.

The problem? Most of the patterns I wanted for my quilt were not in stores any more because they had been discontinued. Solution? Etsy, of course. I found almost all of the patterns I wanted at Five Monkey Fabrics.

I used a tutorial from Sew 4 Home in piecing my quilt together. While I didn't follow it in its entirety, it was a very good guide when it came to cutting out my fabric.




This is my first patchwork quilt and the first where I made my own binding. (Special thank you to Mrs. Gayle for some really helpful instructions!) I absolutely love it! At the moment, I can't bear to part with it just yet. Maybe, I'll put it up in a special place until I have my own youngin' for it. The white block on at the very bottom of the far right is waiting for a monogram after all...

Now to find a new project!
Miranda

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design