February 17, 2014

Monday Memoirs


Welcome to Monday Memoirs! You may have noticed things look a little different around here. As my business, PaperLark Studio, has grown, I've realized more and more the need to connect this blog to my shop. Therefore, it's goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Winslett and hello to PaperLark Studio: The Blog. 

What does this mean? Really just a facelift and a name change. The content will not vary greatly. I'm still planning crafty tutorials and Project Life posts. However, you may see a few more posts related to business - focused namely on Etsy and running a creative business. 

What is Monday Memoirs? I'm planning to dedicate Monday's post to share the journey of being an Etsy shop owner. When I first opened my shop, I was always curious about other successful shop owners. What was their daily routine? How did they formulate their business plans? Where did they draw inspiration from? What were some struggles they faced? 

I've always strived to be real and bluntly honest in my writings on this blog. I thought it would be a nice to open a dialogue and share my journey through Monday Memoirs.

That said, I'll be short and sweet this week and share this:


My husband would completely agree that I do this way too much. I'm constantly underestimating my ability to create an outstanding product. While it can be good to question yourself and the products you are putting out there, I do it to my detriment sometimes. My goal for this week is to STOP UNDERESTIMATING MYSELF and embrace the awesomeness. 

What is your journey memoir this week?

Have a great week!
Miranda


2 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda! Cute blog and shop! I can totally relate to underestimating myself. I struggle with underpricing my items; which is a way of underestimating the value of my time I suppose. I'm finally moving the price up so it will be reflect the quality of my plushies and the time and love I put in!

    Etsy has been an amazing journey for me so far. I really came into my own beginning in October 2013 and I haven't looked back. I'm definetly not going to look for work outside the home now and I'm dedicting myself 100% to my business. Craft fairs too! It's so fun! Best of luck to you and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Megan - Siren Stitching Co
    Www.sirenstitching.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan!

      Thanks for stopping by! I totally understand about the pricing. I actually made the decisions to raise mine last month. It was REALLY scared to because I was afraid it might affect my sales, but it hasn't in the least. If anything, it makes strive that much more for quality and excellent customer service.

      Hope to hear from you again next Monday!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design