January 16, 2015

My Word for 2015: Intention



Every January, I like to take some time and pick a word to focus on for the year. Words are powerful and can help us refocus when things get a little hairy in life.

Last year, I focused on the word JOURNEY. Why? Because I knew that year would be a learning experience as I dove head first into pursuing PaperLark Studio full time and navigating through changes in my personal life. Remembering my word helped me maintain focus and kept me from getting discouraged.

After some time of reflection, my word for 2015 is INTENTION. Many times during my "journey" last year with my business, I often made decisions without a clear intent. This lead to frustration, the feeling of flying by the seat of my pants (which I hate) and probably some loss of money. A lot of it was simply because I didn't know what I was always doing. That's okay, because that is how you learn! This year, I am learning from those mistakes by acting with intention.

For me, intention will include a lot of planning and executing. It is my hope that by focusing on intention, I will gain more purpose instead of wasting time. With a little one on the way, my time needs to be spent wisely!

What is your word for 2015?

Miranda

I got the idea from Ali Edwards and her One Little Word project. (Read more about Ali and the project here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design