August 18, 2014

Coffee Sugar Scrub Recipe

After posting the picture below on Instagram last week, I received a slew of requests for the coffee sugar scrub recipe. I created the recipe specifically for Mug Swap 2014 which I posted about here


I looked at several recipes and even experimented with some on my own. Using bits and pieces from the recipes I collected, I created my own! 


Coffee Sugar Scrub

1/2 cup of ground coffee
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of olive oil 
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon of nutmeg

1) Mix the coffee, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
2) Pour in the olive oil and mix with a fork.
3) Spoon into an air-tight container and seal.

The texture should be grainy, but not dry to the touch. It will keep for a few weeks if kept tightly sealed. Makes about 6 oz.

From my research, coffee sugar scrub is very good for your skin. The caffeine in the coffee helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite. The sugar is an excellent exfoliant and the oil helps replenish moisture in your skin. 


For my Mug Swap friend, I wrote the recipe for the scrub on the back of the tag. I promise I used fresh coffee grounds for her scrub, but I did see a couple of people using already-been-brewed coffee grounds to make their scrub. Maybe it's worth a try? I'd suggest making sure they were good and dry again before putting them in your scrub if that's the route you want to go. 

Happy scrubbing!
Miranda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design