November 19, 2013

Last Minute Fall Wreath: Burlap Monogram Wreath


I've been sorely slacking in creating a wreath for the front door since my Halloween wreath has been retired until next year. My poor green door has been bare since the first of November.

Truth be told, I wanted a wreath that was a) inexpensive and b) quick. Why? Well, in a mere 37 days it'll be Christmas. Can you believe that? And we all know, that as soon as I wake up on the day after Thanksgiving, I'll be crafting and hanging up my Christmas wreath.

Using some leftover burlap, a stencil, black paint and an embroidery hoop, I created my burlap monogram wreath to clothe our - as we say in the South - necked (pronounced neck-id) door.

Total cost? The 67 cents I paid for the embroidery hoop. How long did it take? From start to finish, about 10 minutes. Mission accomplished.





What You'll Need:
burlap
embroidery hoop
stencil
paint
foam brush
scissors
hot glue gun
ribbon/jute/twine

Step One. I know every stenciler and embroiderer in the world is about to scream in terror, but I put my burlap in my embroidery hoop first thing. Why? I wanted to make sure my "W" was in the center of my hoop. It didn't hurt my stenciling at all, but do what you wish!


Step Two. Stencil on your letter using the paint and your foam brush and cut away your excess fabric.


Step Three. Measure your ribbon/jute/twine to see what length your wreath needs to hang from the door and hot glue that sucker on the back.

Done.

Told you I was looking for quick, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It'll definitely do.


Time to hunt for Christmas wreath ideas!

Miranda







6 comments:

  1. This burlap wreath looks so pretty! Looks pretty easy to make too. Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monograms are big this year. I've been looking for something to put our "F" on, and door deco is a good idea. This DIY fits my rules of easy and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this nifty thrifty idea at my party this week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project. Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rustic but elegant- great use for a sewing circle! Thanks for sharing at the Foodies and Crafties Blog Hop and Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!! Love the simplicity of it! Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!
    Amber @ Averie Lane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design