May 24, 2013

Friday's Letters

My petunias and tomato plants on the front porch!

Dear husband, thank you for the pedicure I got today. I earned it after all those errands you made me run yesterday for your end-of-the-year party for the baseball team. It is becoming more obvious that some of the reason you married me is because I make a great personal secretary for you. Just get me a pedi every now and then and we will call it even. Dear Bentley, we are going to the Georgia mountains in the morning on your first vacation. As I packed our bag, you sat on the bed with those sad don't-leave-me eyes. You'll see that you are going to get to go this time soon enough. I hope you behave yourself. Dear Memorial Day Weekend, I've been looking forward to you since going back to work after Christmas break. The January to May stretch is a killer! Thank the Lord I love my precious two-year-old class and my co-workers. They are what made that stretch manageable. Dear new house, I love you. I knew all along you would be worth it and you have not disappointed. I'm really excited (and ready) for our living room furniture to come! Dear boxes, I still don't like you. When we were in the apartment, I hated you because you took up so much space. I thought once we got in the house, it would turn into a love-hate relationship. However, I still hate you because I've got to unpack you...and there is more than one of you. Let's just say it is going to be a very long time before I move again. Dear mailbox, I just got your custom decal in the mail! I've never been so excited about a mailbox in my life. You know you are a homeowner when...

Until next time!
Miranda




1 comment:

  1. Visiting from friday letters. Ugh, I hear you about the boxes. We are moving next week and my house is full of boxes that need to be packed! (And a lot that are packed...) Looking forward to the new house and getting organized but not looking forward to all the boxes on the other side...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design